“For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me” says Jack Dann
I have been blogging for more than a couple of years now and sometimes I still wonder does this make a difference? With so many blogs around, the clutter increases by the day. Do the views on one of those blog count?
And this happened a few weeks ago, when one of my colleague asked me if I was the one who writes blogs? She had stumbled upon it and happened to remember it. This small gesture of hers gave a whole new perspective to my writing. People like her motivate me to keep writing.
And a few days back I was nominated for the versatile blogger award by Anita Menon, my baker friend and a fellow blogger. Anita, I humbly thank you for this honor.
As a part of the nominations, there are a few rules to be followed which can be read here - http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/vba-rules/
Without further ado, allow me to share how this works.
In receiving this award, I have been asked to (and the same goes for you) :
- In a post on your blog, nominate up to 15 more fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
- In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in this post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that most people don’t know.
- In the same post, include this set of rules.
- Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Seven things that most people don’t know about me:
1. I am bad at remembering roads. I can get lost on my way to home. :P
2. I adjust my chair according to my preferences before sitting. Any chair that has adjustable settings, will be adjusted. Even before sitting in a car, I adjust the seat according to my preference.
3. I love my food spicy. Well, thats kind of half truth. The whole truth is I love food.
4. I love following the superheroes. I would know the history of each character, the background, their superpowers, their weakness, their villains and their style of operating. My favourite vigilante is the Green Arrow.
5. I like to drink a cup of tea before retiring to bed.
6. One of the goals in life is to perform as a stand up comic.
7. I am a workaholic.
Here are a few bloggers who have touched my life in many defining ways. And for some it may come as a surprise too, as I am generally a silent follower. So, here are my winners :
My nominees are (in no particular order):
Vishal Kataria of Vishipedia (Always a rocker!)
Meghna Garg of Etcetera, Etcetera… (Touching personal blogs)
Ranjit Nandgaonkar of Rana’s World (The Master of Language)
Vibha Nayak of Vibha Nayak’s Blogs (Fresh Writing)
Monika Manchanda of Monika’s World (The Big M)
Shweta Zaveri of One Life One World (Straight From The Heart)
Anirudh Shetty of Ani Ka Tadka (Read His Poems Too)
Yashasvi Vachhani of The Closed Portal (The Creative Writer)
Shiv Mishra of Shiv Gyan (The Blogging Guru)
Saily Patre of Saily’s Thoughts Unveiled (Her Poems Make The Day)
Nikhil Dudhwadkar of Social Up Beat (The Upbeat Blog)
Chinha Raheja of Being A Woman (Straight From Heart)
Atul Vhale of Blog Rides (The Full Circle Ride)
Anushree Menon of Expressions (A Fully Expressed Blog)
Kavya of Mind Intentionally Left Blank (Must Reads)
What about you, would you like to share a blog or two that have blessed you in more ways than one?