Disclaimer: This blog is not about new year resolutions!
This blog is not about resolutions, its about doing things this year, for ourselves and for others, things different than what we have been doing already. I am sure, many of us would already be following a few of the things mentioned below, but then we can always take on the other things mentioned in the list.
Go ahead, let pamper ourselves and support others!
1. Switch To a Smart Phone: I am sure half of us have already migrated to a smart phone. But in case, you still are using the age old instrument, it is the right time migrate to a smart phone. And contrary to the popular belief, smart phone are not costly. They come in various price ranges. Select a phone that suits your objective as well as gives you extra features.
Gone are the days when phones used to be used only to make calls and send messages. Learn about the applications, interfaces and functions. Move on with this world.
Already a smartphone user, then go in for a Tablet. A Tablet bridges many gaps left between a smartphone and a laptop. Its time to get connected.
2. Start a Blog: “For me, writing is exploration; and most of the time, I'm surprised where the journey takes me” says Jack Dann.
Everyone, all of us, have a way of expressing ourselves. Blogging is an independent way of expressing ourselves. Believe me, you do not know what writing has in store for you until you start writing. The best way to start is to log on to blogger or wordpress, sign in and start writing!
For more on the topic, read - http://bit.ly/fehjZq
3. Donate Clothes: What do you do with your old clothes? Throw them away or give it to needy? In case you throw them away or dispose them in a disorderly manner, this year make it a point to give it to someone needy. The best way is to donate clothes is to give it to the needy, yourself. Look around, you would find many people in this chilly weather, with scarce clothes. Give them with your own hands.
In case, you are not able to give it/donate it yourself, contact any of these NGOs. They will be more than happy to get the spare clothes collected from your house and distribute it the needy and poor.
4. Connect To Yourself, Spiritually: These days, being an atheist is a fashion. Ask any youngster and he will convince us why not to believe in god and narrate concepts of how he is already connected to the humanity. Sadly, only a few of them actually do things in real life to connect them to the source.
This year, lets take a step backwards. Connect with ourselves - Spiritually. Take up some activity that you feel comfortable doing, however small it may seem. Visit a temple. Talk to a spiritual leader. Watch some spiritual discourses. Meditate.
And, make it a habit.
First connect with ourselves, then think about connecting to humanity and greater concepts like these. Lets strengthen our basics this year. This is the right time.
5. Take a Wine Tour: I am sure we all have heard about this tour before. This year is an year to divulge in pleasures of nature. Go ahead, welcome yourselves to Nashik, India's Napa Valley, the Wine Capital of India. A place with heavenly natural beauty, lush green valleys and vineyards, Nashik is an excellent spot for vineyard tours and a much sought after weekend gateway. The wine guide will take you through the vineyards and will give you interesting inputs about wine and you could see for yourself the intricate process of wine making. The best part of the tour is that you get to taste some of the best wines of Nashik valley.
And if you are not really a wine enthusiast, this is a brilliant opportunity for you to be a part of a fascinating journey that goes much beyond just wine.
And finally, i am sure, many of us would already be doing many of the things mentioned above. And there would be many other things you would have planned to do new this year. Do share about it to other readers, by putting it in our comments block below.
And thanks in advance for your contributions and comments!!!